Builders Risk Insurance

Even when a property is being built or heavily remodeled, it is best to have insurance to cover any possibility of damages or losses. Builder’s Risk Insurance, or sometimes referred to as Course of Construction Insurance, is a form of commercial property insurance that protects the site structure that is being built, and the materials that are being used and transported on the building site. 

The timeframe in which you may need Builders Risk Insurance is highly dependent on the construction budget. Most Builders Risk Insurance policies are flexible. They can often be purchased in terms of three-months, six-months, or 12-months. If the project is not completed by the end of the initial policy term, it can often be extended, but usually only one time.

What does Builder's Risk Insurance cover?

Damage from the following events will be covered by most Builders Risk Insurance policies:

  • Fire
  • Wind 
  • Theft
  • Lightning
  • Hail
  • Explosion
  • Vandalism
  • Vehicles/Aircraft

Builders Insurance has its limitations and exclusions. For example, Builders Insurance will not cover faulty design during the building process. 

Construction materials, builders risk insurance

Get Your Quote Today

Construction work is always a risky situation. Don’t test your limits. Invest in Builders Risk Insurance today with Shurr Insurance, where we make it easy. Get more information by completing our free quote form today.

get a quote today!

Note: Max total file upload size of 15Mb, Limit of 5 files
Allowd Formats: pdf, txt, doc, docx, jpg, jpeg, png